Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Day 1 in Mumbai India






First day back in India is always an interesting experience. After a late arrival and almost sleeping most of the day, I decided to venture into one of the elite country clubs of Bombay where my parents have a membership.

I wore an asymmetrical cotton tunic with sequins and some denim capris. The tunic is an interesting shape and I found it on my last trip to India at a boutique known as Cottons. Fabulous place for someone looking for a unique, comfortable clothing that uses Indian fabrics and prints to create beautiful tunics, skirts and even traditional Indian sarees.

I did not have much luck finding anything intriguing at the club. The clothes are becoming more and more western with the upper class, its difficult to distinguish between them and any other western country. However, I did get to raid my mother's closet and pick out some interesting concoctions. Check out the yoga pants, apparantly a rage in Europe and some interesting sarees and purses made of unique silks and with traditional embroidery.

No comments:

Post a Comment